On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Wunna Ko Ko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I tried to access www.openoffice.org and my.openoffice.org.
>
> Both are not accessible for the time being. Could someone pass this
> information to respective authorities?
>
> Regards,

This is similar to the so called "Slashdot effect"[1]
IMO, the traffic for downloading new 3.0.0 will last for a week or so.
We do have mirrors but at the time of the annoucement( Oct 13),
most mirror servers are not yet finished copying files from the master server.

Therefore most of the traffic is redirected to the master site, which
probably is the cause of the down.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_effect

--
Best Regards,