Hi Dirk,

On 12/15/08 12:43, Dick Groskamp wrote:
Would like to know how the Accelerator-keys in Office.po are to be translated.

Source (for instance)  is:  .uno:SelectAll

Translation could be:

A   .unoAllesselecteren
B   Alles selecteren
C  .unoAlles selecteren

I'm in the dark about the visible use of these keys and, if done wrong, would it break functionality ?

If the source is to be used as the visible use of the key I would translate this example as: Alles selecteren. Since I'm not sure if that breaks functionality since it is a Command.value I would like someone to shine some light on this.

So, please enlighten me
Generally, if the string you are translating is not a menu entry or a button, you can leave it out since a script will automatically assign the accelerator to the letters available in the dialogs avoiding double mnemonics as much as possible.

You can find more detailed information on this topic at: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Mnemonics_Localisation

Regards,