From: Rafaella Braconi <rafaella.brac...@sun.com>
To: demb...@yahoo.com; dev <dev@l10n.openoffice.org>;
c...@native-lang.openoffice.org
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2009 11:25:12 AM
Subject: [l10n-dev] [Fwd: [discuss] Proposal]

Hi Belayneh,

I am forwarding your initial message to both the l10n and native-language
mailing lists.
Let me welcome you to the OOo Localization project!
I saw you already registered to the l10n project and requested Oromo to be
added to Pootle and it seems you and the team are ready to start :-) .
Would you mind adding the native-language project information at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages?

Thanks a lot and do not hesitate to ask questions! We are all here to help and
support each other.

Kind Regards,
Rafaella
------

Proposal of translating Openoffice to Oromo Language

   This proposal is about creating NLC project for Oromo Language. It addresses
3 isues.About the target language, the project goal, and Our team.
                        The target language
   Oromo Language(called Afaan Oromoo by the native speakers) is the first most
spoken language in Ehiopia(more than 50%) and the horn of africa.Within Africa,
it is
the language with the fourth most speakers(more than 40 million), after
Arabic, Swahili, Hausa. In addition to Ethiopia, it is spoken in Kenya,
Somalia, Djibuti, Tanzania and many countries in the rest of the world. It is
written with modified latin alphabet called Qubee.
  Although spoken widely, this language is used by people who live in the
poor part of the world(daily income of less than $2 per person). So the
translation of Openoffice to this language is very significant for this
people.

               The Project Goal       Our team
needs the openoffice Writer to be translated to Afaan Oromoo, Inside
the Native Language Confederation.We wish to register a level two
project. We have also already established a team of contributors for
this project.
                  The team
   The Project initiators are from Ethiopia.All team members use Oromo Language
as
their first language. Our team comprizes:Dawit ......(the cordinator of
this project) - Bsc. degree in Linguistics and Litrature. Has done lots
of thesis on Afaan Oromoo.He is committed to act as a responsible
entrepreneur and inspired many Afaan Oromo speaking people to
participate in this project. Belayneh Melka, Bsc. degree in Electrical
Engineering. Has developed some Applications and Database Systems in Afaan
Oromoo.In addtion, some students and teachers of Addis Ababa University
Department of Oromo Language will participate on this project.

About the project:

   Information for setting up the project:

       Username: barreessaa
       Project Name: om