Hi Eike,

Eike Rathke wrote:
> Why? Usually an UI localization is not locale (country) dependent, if
> there are no language differences between countries, and the language
> code is sufficient.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I am not familiar about how to connect a type of language to that of local data.

What I thought was that there was am_ET.xml in the pool of locale data:
http://svn.services.openoffice.org/ooo/trunk/i18npool/source/localedata/data/

So, I mistakenly jumped into the idea that that should be am_ET instead of am.

Looking for other languages, I see:
 de_AT.xml for German in AUSTRIA
 de_CH.xml for German in SWITZERLAND
 de_DE.xml for German in GERMANY
 de_LI.xml for German in LIECHTENSTEIN
 de_LU.xml for German in LUXEMBOURG

http://www.iso.org/iso/english_country_names_and_code_elements

While a download file for German is:
OOo_3.1.0_Win32Intel_install_de.exe

Therefore, I was wrong about that.
The language code 'am', instead of am_ET, is sufficient for Amharic.
Is that correct?

Regards,
Tora