Abhinav Chaturvedi wrote:

Hi Abhinav,

I have a rather basic question.
Let's suppose I have downloaded OO and am using it in English. I then
decide that I would like to see
all the application menus, help etc in another language. Can I make
the switch through OO itself? If yes, how?

Or is it that if I want to work in another language, I have to
download the localized version of the *whole* OO?
Which would mean that if I am bilingual, I would have 2  whole copies
of OO residing on my one system?

this was the case in the past when you wanted to have more than one language for the UI.

Today we have so-called langpacks (language packs). These install sets are much smaller than a usual OOo installation. It provides only the necessary resource files for the specific language.

If these are installed (you can install as much as you want) you can switch the language via "Tools - Options - Language Settings - User Interface".

You can find these files on the download pages from your L10n community or on the mirrors.

Best regards

Marcus