André Schnabel escribió:
Hi,

not exactly on topic, but ...

Santiago Bosio schrieb:
As I said, we have been doing our own builds, patching the translations with the latest snapshot from Pootle, converted to OOo SDF format using po2oo, and gsichecking the resulting file. All of it can be done automatically, but I see two problems to solve for the "as early as possible" scenario:

2. Weekly devel builds should be done with the complete set of language packs, and not only a few of them as it is done currently (I think they are FR, DE, IT, JA, pt-BR, etc.) as it will give us the opportunity to check our advance (provided that we have early the strings to translate on Pootle as I said before).

Unfortunately even the named languages have no chance to check their translations in an early stage. The language packs do *not* contain current translations. We have the same workflow as all other pootle based localizations: we see the finalization result in the product only after cws integration.

The langpacks are only helpful to attract more people for general testing - but are a pain if someone is going to test localization.

Regards,

André
André:

You're right, that's what I meant with "provided that we have early the strings to translate on Pootle". If there aren't frequent Pootle updates, the development release language packs have no use for l10n testing.

Best regards,

Santiago