Hi Jordi,
as said in the announcement we update Pootle for Milestone m8, not the Pootle-server-software. And yes you can work offline without risk. Only in "sdext" we expect some changes (means changes and new strings with limited impact).

Hope this answers your questions,
Frank

Jordi Serratosa schrieb:
 Hi,
Is there any news on this?
For Catalan, files on Pootle have not changed.
Has Pootle work been done already?
I have to do lots of corrections to the translation files, which means I'm planning to work offline. Can I work on files safely offline without running the risk of files on Pootle getting updated?

salut
jordi serratosa
Catalan l10n team

El 17/09/2010 13:46, en/na Jordi Serratosa ha escrit:
 Hi Frank
To make it clear, do you mean that...
1) you'll update Pootle server itself?
or
2) you'll update the language files with new strings to translate?

Does that mean that we will not be able to work on Pootle for the whole weekend? Weekends usually are the (only) days when I can dedicate some time to Ooo...

If you're updating the language files on Pootle, could you please notify as soon as the files are updated? So we can download them and work with them offline...

salut
jordi serratosa
Catalan l10n team

El 17/09/2010 12:20, en/na Frank Mau ha escrit:
Hi,
we will update the two Pootle server COB today (2010-09-17), so the server will be back online for production use on Monday (2010-09-20). I'll send an explicit mail after the update on milestone m8, pls. stay tuned...

Thank you,
Frank

<http://www.oracle.com/>
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Grzesiak-Mau | Translation, IssueTracking, Web-tools
Phone: +49 40 23646894
Oracle Oracle Open Office Operations

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment>