Hi

I have noted a few points that I followed while making eclipse setup for
lens few months ago. Listing them below ( Your problem should be solved by
point 5)

1. Use Eclipse Luna or below. Eclipse Mars does not support lombok library
as plugin/agent which is used in lens.
2. Lombok needs to be used a javaagent while running eclipse for lombok
based code to compile in eclipse. This can be done in two ways

   -      Manually edit eclipse.ini by adding below entry

  "-javaagent:lombok.jar" Entry should be added to eclipse.ini

   -       OR run lombok jar as java app (java -jar lombo.jar) and point to
   eclipse.ini in the app GUI . This will update eclipse.ini (make sure
   eclipse is not running)

   [image: Inline image 1]

3.For easy project setup in eclipse, use lens as a Maven project inside
eclipse(rather than a simple java project). For this M2Eclipse plugin is
required in eclipse (It can be installed ineclipse via "Install new
software" --> Add plugin .url
*http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases
<http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases>*).

4. Once plugin is installed. Import lens directory as Existing Maven
Project .

[image: Inline image 1]

5. Ignore any errors (Approx 6 errors) of type "Plugin execution not
covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin". This can be done by
selecting quick fix (option1 preferably as it will not update pom file) in
eclipse.
More on this in
*https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/documentation/m2e-execution-not-covered.html
<https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/documentation/m2e-execution-not-covered.html>*

Thanks,
Puneet Gupta

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 10:42 PM, amareshwarisr . <amareshw...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We have seen issues with eclipse setup. Puneet would help with this.
>
> Thanks
> Amareshwari
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Sandeep <sandeep...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > I am trying to setup lens code on eclipse, by importing a maven project
> > from the root folder.
> > I am getting this error (attached).
> > do you know why? is there any documentation to help setup IDE.
> >

> > -Sandeep

receipt.