Hi all,

The official spelling of Dutch is the same for the Netherlands and for Belgium, so we have a single dictionary for Dutch. In OpenOffice.org 2, I had seen that if you install the same dictionary for nl_NL and for nl_BE it is loaded in memory twice. For this reason we have the dictionary installed for nl_NL only. This is however awkward for our Belgian users, so we're considering to change this. Can anyone here tell me if installing the same dictionary for multiple language variant the drawbacks are significant, such as longer startup time and/or slower response? In this case, does OpenOffice.org 3 actually still load the dictionary into memory more than once?

--
Vriendelijke groet, Simon Brouwer.
| http://nl.openoffice.org | http://www.opentaal.org |