Hi,

ge wrote:
> Why not use for all dictionaries the same terminology in one language (for
> example, and probably best, in English):
> like:
>  (adj)|albescent (similar term)|light (related term)|light-colored
>  (related term)|black (antonym)
>
> Use the term antonym, similar term, related term, etc...
> If dictionary maintainers know this rule, since it will be documented, they
> will use it.
>
> At present, the application (Oo) would work only for the English dictionary
> well, later for all.

Of course that would work.
But it would also look odd for native users (especially those without
English skills) if suddenly their thesaurus speaks English even if that
happens only for the explanations.

However if we are going to require that each thesaurus maintainer needs
to modify the dictionary to help fix this it could be done by
introducing a new additional tag that needs to be added to antonyms.
E.g. "[A]", "<#A>" or something similar.

Thomas