Hi Alicja,
Please see inline ...

On Apr 3, 2015, at 3:10 AM, Alicja Celigowska
<alicja.celigow...@codilime.com<mailto:alicja.celigow...@codilime.com>> wrote:

Hi

I have a question about Opserver module in contrail-controller. There is a
little problem when I want to gather information about network traffic
(in_bytes, out_bytes per virtual machine): Returned values informs about
traffic in last hour. It would be good to be able to customize this time. I
looked at source code, to find out what can I do with this and then I saw this:

q["query"]["start_time"] = qdict["end_time"] - (3600 * 1000000)

Could we change this to:

q["query"]["start_time"] = qdict["end_time"] - (period * 1000000)

?

Additional parameter could be passed with GET request. By default it could be
3600 as before.
[Megh]: The GET is just used to reflect the operational state of the virtual
machine/virtual network and the stats shown over there do not support a whole
lot of query parameters as pointed out by you. We have a POST API to do the
query and in there the start and end time are given by the user.  The URL is
http://<analytics-node-ip>:8081/analytics/query. In fact, we support
aggregations like SUM, COUNT, MIN, MAX over there.

There is a python script  (contrail-stats) that does the POST and queries the
Opserver. You can also use the browser with REST client/ POSTMAN or the UI to
do the same query.

For example, for the example above, you can run the following:

contrail-stats --table UveVirtualNetworkAgent.vn_stats --select
"SUM(vn_stats.in_tpkts)" vn_stats.other_vn --where
name="default-domain:default-project:default-virtual-network" --start-time
now-1m --end-time now

Please check contrail-stats —help to see list of statistics and query options
supported.

Also, there is one more problem with tests in opserver. If I run:

"scons controller/src/opserver:test"

it fails with:

PyTestSuiteCov(["build/debug/opserver/test/opserver-test"],
["build/debug/opserver/test/uveserver_test.py",
"build/debug/opserver/test/analytics_uvetest.py",
"build/debug/opserver/test/analytics_systest.py",
"build/debug/opserver/test/analytics_statstest.py",
"build/debug/opserver/test/analytics_db_test.py",
"build/debug/opserver/test/overlay_to_underlay_mapper_test.py"])
/home/ubuntu/contrail_source/build/debug/opserver/test/uveserver_test.py PASS
/home/ubuntu/contrail_source/build/debug/opserver/test/analytics_uvetest.py FAIL

If I run this test manually (activating analytics_test env before) I see a lot
of "Connection refused" error messages. It seems like I need to run it in
complete environment (with working controller). At least it should be excluded
from tests suite?
[Megh]: Can you please check the
build/debug/opserver/test/analytics_uvetest.py.log for the errors. The test
does require cassandra, redis and so might fail if those are not installed.

Thanks

Megh

Have a nice day

--
Alicja Celigowska
Software Engineer

[http://i.imgur.com/dxdOkEX.jpg]
M: +48 531 033 070
E: alicja.celigow...@codilime.com<mailto:alicja.celigow...@codilime.com>
CodiLime Sp. z o.o. - Ltd. company with its registered office in Poland, 01-167
Warsaw, ul. Zawiszy 14/97. Registered by The District Court for the Capital
City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Department of the National Court Register.
Entered into National Court Register under No. KRS 0000388871. Tax
identification number (NIP) 5272657478. Statistical number (REGON) 142974628.