Hi all,

I am using OpenContrail with OpenStack.
I have created 2 tenant VMs in 2 different subnets. I have used "neutron"
commands for creating the subnets and "nova boot" for booting the VMs.
Ping between VMs works OK.

I intend to send multicast traffic from VM1 to VM2 using iperf. Unfortunately,
no multicast pkts arrive at VM2, where iperf in server mode runs.
Same scenario with iperf works, but having VM1 and VM2 in the same subnet.

I have issued "dropstats" command on the compute node which hosts the VMS. I
have noticed that there are very many "Cloned Original" packets.
>From "ifconfig" output, I have also noticed there are very many Rx dropped
>pkts on vhost0.

>From OpenContrail web interface, Configure Tab, I have run the iperf test
>using Forwarding Mode "Default", "L2 and L3", "L2 Only", "L3 Only" and I have
>encountered the same problem.

Can someone please let me know if multicast should work between tenants in
different subnets and if so, how to configure Contrail?

Thanks,
Anda