From: Dev <dev-boun...@lists.opencontrail.org> on behalf of Buddy Yaussy
<bud...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 1:35 PM
To: Gregory Elkinbard <gelkinb...@juniper.net>
Cc: "dev@lists.opencontrail.org" <dev@lists.opencontrail.org>
Subject: Re: [opencontrail-dev] We need a new name

Don’t know if it would be able to be trademarked, without some kind of
variation on the name, but I like:

Constable

As relating to directing traffic, etc.

Buddy Yaussy
Principal Member Technical Staff
AT&T Foundry

404.539.9559

On Nov 28, 2017, at 2:26 PM, Gregory Elkinbard
<gelkinb...@juniper.net<mailto:gelkinb...@juniper.net>> wrote:
Dear Community Members.
Linux Foundation is unable to accept OpenContrail as a trademark to the project
as Juniper has Contrail product line.
We need to select a different name. Legal team has offered OpenVTrail. But I am
hoping that folks can come up with something cooler.

Please send in your name proposals, by Dec 4th and lets discuss it during the
summit.
Requirements for the name. Full name must be unique and not currently
trademarked.
If the name is a composite, no part of the composite can be trademarked by
another entity.

Linux foundation can temporarily accept us under the OpenContrail name, but
will require a new name after a short transition period.

Thanks
Greg