Hi Anda,

This solution is still under construction.
1) Current idea for next release is to build 'microservices' docker images.
Right now there is a repo -
https://github.com/Juniper/contrail-container-builder that contains scripts
to build docker images from CentOS 7.4 and already built RPM-s.
Repo that is start point for build RPM-s (or DEB-s) is here -
https://github.com/Juniper/contral-vnc
Also there is a new POC how to build Contrail is here -
https://github.com/cloudscaling/contrail-build-poc
This code builds artifacts for 'newton' OpenStack but it can be configured.

2) Yes. But it can build 'fat' docker images as you see in docker hub now.
And currently it's a stable solution for 4.X versions

3) Yes, you need contrail-vrouter-agent.

4) It depends on RPM-s.

Regards,
Andrey Pavlov.