On Fri, 21 Jul 2023 20:39:19 +0000 kwopleq wrote:
> There were webview support and TPPM functionality in discover, but now,
> hopefully it's removed (https://pagure.io/abslibre/pull-request/82).
> There's still flatpak support in "discover" that might result in nonfree
> packages. It could be patched if necessary.

if the flatpak feature is still functional, then 'discover' is still a TPPM,
and would still need some patching

On Fri, 21 Jul 2023 20:39:19 +0000 kwopleq wrote:
> I've also patched "archlinux-appstream-data" so it doesn't include nonfree
> arch packages (https://pagure.io/abslibre/pull-request/78).

does "archlinux-appstream-data" include only arch packages?

On Fri, 21 Jul 2023 20:39:19 +0000 kwopleq wrote:
> As "Parabola is a complete, user-friendly operating system, suitable for
> general "everyday" use" I think that "discover" would be a nice pacman
> frontend, that provides categorization of software, auto updater and more
> user-friendly interface.

'octopi' already meets that description and is DE-agnostic - 'gnome-software'
and 'discover' are much heavier; because they depend on large portions of
GNOME or KDE