Hello,

You have to download the required thirdparty libraries (including Java jars),
see
https://gitlab.com/scilab/scilab/-/wikis/Developers/setup-Scilab-repository-Linux-x86_64,
 where you will find the link pointing to the archive
(https://www.scilab.org/download/prerequirements/prerequirements-scilab-branch-main-linux_x64.tar.xz).

S.

On Aug 19, 2024, at 06:25, N K <mwalim...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings,
I’m writing about the trouble with Scilab compilation. I've tried to compile
Scilab 2024.1.0 on Kubuntu 22.04 kernel version 5.15.0.-117-generic and it
failed with error Could not find or use the Java package/jar jakarta.activation
used by Scilab Help - MimeTypes for image conversion (looking for package
com.sun.activation.registries.MimeTypeFile) during .configure file execution.
I would be grateful if you could suggest a solution to this problem.
Sincerely,
Nikolay.

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or
privileged.
If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,
(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email
and all attachments,
(iii) Dassault Systèmes does not accept or assume any liability or
responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

Please be informed that your personal data are processed according to our data
privacy policy as described on our website. Should you have any questions
related to personal data protection, please contact 3DS Data Protection Officer
https://www.3ds.com/privacy-policy/contact/<https://antiphishing.vadesecure.com/v4?f=SnpNUUNxek1BTWh6ZFZjaWi-uRuEgbbsEGvZUEtbnS65E5JwBxCSNlac6xexZLpi&i=cHp0TkJvdm11bGhoR250SmgzWyo_pLShMtUzEpeQLkU&k=6xq5&r=Z1RORVRCV0NEb2hhaDhMZMIPJZSFwvTaK32dfs4n6-2Ca_dADhE1rjNSBcQz5I0U&s=9c0e493065d39e1bec38ac29174ede7a8b470359116b60f76336edf0bef8cd30&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.3ds.com%2Fprivacy-policy%2Fcontact%2F>