On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Bryan Richter <br...@snowdrift.coop> wrote:
On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 12:00:59PM +0200, Victor Grousset/tuxayo wrote:
 On 01/05/2016 14:25, Stephen Michel wrote:
 > Unfortunately, Taiga does not have a separate permission for
 > editing your own posts or commenting on posts -- they are both
 > under the 'edit' permission. So in order for me to allow you to
 > comment and edit by default, I'd have to allow the public to edit
 > any issue. I can add you to the project so you can comment/edit.
 >
 >> Should I have used Taiga in the first place to ask about updating
 >> the links in the repository?
 >
 > I'll have some documentation out about how we use our tools soon,
 > but the short answer is that Taiga issues is a good place for
 > everything

 The restriction on commenting could be a barrier to new contributors
 wanting to report bugs and make suggestions. Will there be an
 alternative workflow for new contributors? The mailing list is a
 fallback but it's not very convenient as a bug tracker. (GitLab
 issues?)

This is actually a pretty big deal.

We haven't really nailed down how to have volunteers submit issues and
so forth. Maybe we should use Gitlab issues for now? Since they feed
into Taiga, we (the team) can still use Taiga to track upcoming work,
while other people can still contribute.

We should also submit feature requests to Taiga. Victor, would you
be willing to do that?

I have already submitted a feature request for issue creators to be able to comment on and edit their own issues. However, more people doesn't hurt! You can also go through their issues backlog [1] and vote on issues that you think are important.

[1]: https://tree.taiga.io/project/taiga/issues