On 07/25/2014 02:13 PM, Damian Hobson-Garcia wrote:
> Hi Carsten,

>>> Yes and no, I think.  There is the minor problem that the Mesa
>>> drivers provide a versioned libGLESv2.so.2, which all of the
>>> built packages will link to.  This means that if I want to
>>> install a driver (such as Mali or SGX) after the fact, I have to
>>> provide libGLESv2.so.2 to overwrite the Mesa driver. If Mesa
>>> changes its version number for some reason, now the Mali and SGX
>>> drivers must update their names as well. opegl-es-virtual-drv is
>>> nice because it is not versioned, so as long as there is a
>>> libGLESv2.so (or a link of that name) in the non floss drivers,
>>> everything works.
>> or just provide a symlink. far simpler a solution. drivers just
>> ghave to agree all to provide at least the same symlink to the real
>> driver version
>>
> I don't think it matters whether it's a symlink or not.  Either way,
> it requires all of the drivers to keep track of whatever version
> number that Mesa is using for its libGLESv2 and update the symlink
> accordingly.

for ABI compatibility, mesa can't just go changing major so version
anyway as a binary links agains the major s at the time i'ts build. if
they change major so version they are saying they broke ABI. so onse
everyone is building against libGLxx.so.2 then it has to stay - unless
they break ABI which they neever should.

so it can be ASSUMED to always be that version - tizen as a platform has
to force/define that and guarantee it across all tizen variations and
versions. if we have to patch mesa (or just add special symlinks in
pkgs) or do the same for other vendor gl drivers, thatis the price you
pay to keep compatibility. that is what we have to do.

--
The above message is intended solely for the named addressee and may
contain trade secret, industrial technology or privileged and