Hey Philippe

Thanks for the reply..

On Die, 2015-06-30 at 11:35 +0200, Philippe Coval wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Andreas Brauchli
> <andreas.brauc...@sensirion.com> wrote:
> > Hi Lists
> >
> > I'm looking for a recommendation of a hackable Tizen 3 TV to do some
> > development on. Any suggestions?
>
> I think some teams are using Odroid/Exynos hardware
> those are devboards not TVs ...

I already have a MinnowMax board that I'm quite happy with but I'm still
looking for a Tizen TV for some demos.

> > If the TV is flashable that'd be a big plus but not a strict
> > requirement.
>
> I dont know any "open" TV to load custom OS ... but I know there are
> couple of alternate firmwares for existing products (not tizen
> ones)...
>

> First thing I'll do is to grab the sources tarball of *J* Series TV
> from vendor  :
>
> http://opensource.samsung.com/
>
> Also I am unsure all J models are shipped with tizen
>From what I gathered, all *2015* models should come with Tizen, however,
it seems hard to find specific versions. Based on the
opensource.samsung.com I suppose that they all run similar software. The
download is quite large and very slow so I haven't been able to check
the contents yet.

I found a good lineup of the TVs here (no tizen versions though):
http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/samsung

> Hope this help.... keep us updated
Yup, thanks. If anyone else has something to share on the topic, I'd
love to hear it!

Cheers