Title: Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle

Hi Shahul,

The answer depends on what you want and what you are ready.

If what you want to is just to "declare" that your hardware runs Tizen by showing Tizen menuscreen

and running some simple apps, as long as you have DRM support (with userspace support, libdrm),

touchscreen/mouse drivers ready, storage devices ready, and other drivers

normally considered already done with Vanilla kernels, it is usually "DONE".

However, if what you want is near-production-ready level,

ready for optimization & quality-control process (debugging!),
which implies that every peripheral hardware component is

ready and exposed to Tizen apps, you may have a lot more to do.

I usually do not expect the following device drivers for embedded

systems are ready in Vainlla kernels especially if the device componnents

are new: sound, WiFi/BT (often they just don't upstream or they

require special firmware), GPU (some vendors are already notorious in this matter),

video processors (they update too frequently just to be rely on mainline),

cameras (often you need proprietary binaries, so no support from Vanilla),

modem (usually proprietary firmware required), PMIC (if you've got new SoC,

you'll need new PMIC drivers, which means you'll need to write your own drivers),

and so on.

So, this heavily depends on how you define "I've done porting".

If it's the former, you are almost done (assuming you've already setup TIzen build system for MIPS).

If it's the latter, you may have a lot more to do depending on the readiness of your hardware platform.

(If there is already an Android support for your hardware, this becomes trivial as what you

really need is almost done by porting DRM.)

Cheers,

MyungJoo