Hi All,

I would like to propose using SDL 2.0 (Simple DirectMedia Layer) as Tizen
porting layer for game/game engines.

Currently, Evas_GL is the only available interface to use OpenGL ES on Tizen.

Though Evas_GL is simple and efficient interface for EFL widget based
applications to access openGL ES,

to attract more game/engine developer community towards Tizen, it should
support even more widely adopted cross-platform interface.

I think SDL 2.0 is definitely a good candidate in this respect.

* Major Benefits include

-  Provides direct access to OpenGL ES API without any wrapper (fast)

-  Uses platform independent Window & Event handling API (portability)

-  Vulkan interface can be provided easily compare to Evas_Vulkan. (Evas vulkan
backend is not yet ready)

* Possible Constraint is

-  Increases verification scope for tizen release

Do you see any other benefit or Constraint?

Please share your opinions about this.

Best Regards,
HyunJu