On Thu, 11 May 2017 15:40:12 +0000 Hee-cheol Yang <heecheol.y...@outlook.com>
said:

> Hello,
> First of all, I am very sorry for my sound-stupid question.
> This quest may be out out the scope of this mailing list.
> If so, please ignore this mail.
>

> I am trying to port tizen 3.0-common on Beaglebone Black board, which is
> based on TI’s AM335x SoC. And currently, I booted the latest Tizen3.0-common
> rootfs
> (http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/3.0-common/latest/images/arm-wayland/common-wayland-3parts-armv7l-artik/
> ) on the modified Beaglebone’s Linux kernel, which is configured to support
> SMACK. As you may expected, it is not working correctly, so I am trying to
> solve the problems step by step.
>
> My first goal is to display something in the Monitor via HDMI interfance
> (Beaglebone black board’s default display is the HDMI monitor). And it seems
> that the HDMI itself seems to working because:
>
>   1.  /dev/fb0 is exposed.
>   2.  Something is displayed when I run “dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/fb0”
>
> However, even the /dev/fb0 seems to be working, Any Tizen-relased graphics
> are not displayed the monitor, and after spending several days of searching,
> I found that TDM and TBM are need to be ported for the SOC. In this case,
> AM335x SOC.
>
> But As I understand, using libtdm-drm and libdbm-dummy is sufficient to show
> basic display components without porting any device-specific interfaces for
> libtdx’s interface between front and backends. Also, when I used libtdm-drm
> and libdbm-dummy, it seems that something recognizable graphics are suddenly
> displayed in the HDMi monitor.
>
> So I wonder that is is not sufficient to use these two components. If not, am
> I doing correctly to display somrting in the monitor? I mean, is is true that
> when I correctly port the libtbm and libtbm for AM335x like exynos, the
> Tizen’s graphic stack is sufficiently ported?

you'll also need a working opengl-es stack for the gpu you have too that lives
on tbm/tdm. last i knew the TI's used sgx gpu's and you'll have to contact TI
for help with this (appropriate source code to port at least the ddx layer in
egl - the bits where you glue in tdm/tbm/display system e.g. wayland for tizen
3.x and on).

--
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ti...@rasterman.com>