On Thu, 25 May 2017 14:47:02 +0530 "PINTU KUMAR" <pint...@samsung.com> said:

> ** On behalf of Akshit & Vivek **
>

> Hello Tizen Dev team,
>
> I have 2 college interns in my team. They are trying to build wifi
> client/server based socket communication using Tizen API, to communication
> between 2 devices.
>
> One device contains Tizen 3.0 common (headless).
>
> Another device is Z2 with Tizen 2.4
>
> They were able to achieve this using normal TCP Linux socket APIs.
>
> But, they want to develop a Tizen App (using Tizen studio) on Z2, using the
> Tizen wifi Native APIs.
>
> We could not the proper Wi-Fi API for send/receive data between 2 devices.
>
> If there is any reference or sample source code please let us know.

the wifi api's would only be for configuring the wifi device/setup/connection
details. you still would use regular sockets anyway to send/receive data.

you can use ecore_con or ecore_ipc (a layer on top of ecore_con that ensures
full ipc message packet delivery for you).

https://developer.tizen.org/development/api-references/native-application?redirect=https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/3.0.0/org.tizen.native.mobile.apireference/group__Ecore__Con__Group.html

https://developer.tizen.org/development/api-references/native-application?redirect=https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/3.0.0/org.tizen.native.mobile.apireference/group__Ecore__IPC__Group.html

this will integrate into the mainloop and make communications async. it also
will handle optional ssl transport encryption for you (so you don't have to do
that by hand with regular unix/bsd sockets). it'll also handle async dns
lookups for you. they both allow you to set up servers and clients 9connect to
a server). but these are just like your sockets code - they dont determine the
connection mechanism (wifi, 3g/gsm/lte, bt net, usbnet, ethernet etc.).

--
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ti...@rasterman.com>