Sorry for the delayed response!

Happy to hear that you have interest in contributing your work on this.

Personally, I think that the subtasks in LIVY-718 are not set in stone.
That said, it is really hard to review a big bang PR and try to even get
your head around everything that is happening let alone keep it in your
head to understand how it works through all the flows.
Perhaps there is a refactoring that you could do to break it into logical
pieces that are more reviewable with a particular scope spelled out?
You could then file different subtasks and resolve old ones as Won't FIx or
the like (maybe better to just clone the top level and go from there)?
You could also address more than one JIRA in a single PR where it makes
sense and is still reviewable.

I am about to start an inventory of open 0.8.0 release JIRAs and restart
the discussion on its release.
I think targeting this work for 0.9.0 still makes sense and would give you
time to do this refactoring.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

thank you!

--larry