With our move to Apache I looked into and discussed with Luciano how we
should handle the Livy Slack that we link to on the README and came to the
following answer:

        I petition we officially abandon the Livy Dev Slack channel and leave
final messages pointing users to use the email lists.

I'm not sure this is something we should vote on, but I strongly believe a
solid decision should be made. There is no precedence for Apache projects
to have Slack channels (since the email lists should be used) and very few
even have unofficial Slack channels. If everyone agrees, I plan to remove
the link to the Slack channel in my upcoming README updates PR and we
should leave official statements pointing to the email list on the Slack.

 Alex Bozarth

 Software Engineer

 Spark Technology Center

 E-mail: ajboz...@us.ibm.com