I have not started work on this yet, but from looking at
http://blog.joda.org/2017/04/java-9-modules-jpms-basics.html
<http://blog.joda.org/2017/04/java-9-modules-jpms-basics.html> it seems we are
going to have problems with a) plugins that are in different jars (modules)
that use the same namespace and b) log4j-core as it currently exists.

Item b is a problem because the module-info for log4j-core should have a
requires ONLY for log4j-api. For example, I’m not sure how we can have an
optional dependency on Jackson.

Item a is a problem if we create multiple jars (modules) for different network
components but try to place them all under org.apache.logging.log4j.net
<http://org.apache.logging.log4j.net/>.

Thoughts?

Ralph