On 2017-04-27, Dominik Psenner wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that the new git repository for the log4net
> subproject is up! It can be found here:

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/logging-log4net.git

Great!

> 1) Note that the repository at https://github.com/apache/log4net is not a
> mirror of the new git repository, but rather a mirror of the svn repository.
> We will have to decide now what we want to do with that mirror and all the
> open pull requests on that mirror. Please discuss!

Before svn goes read-only we may want to remove the contents of trunk
and add a single README saying that we moved to git with pointers to the
Apache repo as well as the new github mirror.

And we probably should comment on all PRs asking people to re-create
them against the new repo if they still consider them relevant.

> 2) Note further that I've not pushed the following heads:

> * refs/heads/origin/1.2.12
> * refs/heads/origin/log4net-1.2.x
> * refs/heads/origin/log4net-1.3.x

I'd like to keep the 1.3.x branch for historical reasons.

Stefan