Am Fr., 15. Juni 2018 um 10:53 Uhr schrieb Stefan Bodewig <
bode...@apache.org>:

> On 2018-06-13, Dominik Psenner wrote:
>
> > That is possible. I restricted access to the github token to the log4net
> > build job only. Stefan, would you like to try whether you can gain access
> > to that token? I can guide you to where you can find it off-list.
>
> Sorry, still travelling. Even if I don't manage to see the token, it is
> only going to prove to me that I'm not skilled enough :-)

I'm sure that wouldn't be the case. All popular ci systems provide secret
environment variables as a feature. Without that most devops usecases
wouldn't be possible.

> Personally I'd want to verify the contents of the archive anyway (as
> part of vetting the relase) and don't see any problem with signing them
> offline on my own machine at that point in time (or anybody else of us
> doing so). To me signing and uploading the ZIPs to dist.a.o doesn't have
> to be automated, YMMV.

We can agree to keep a few manual steps as long as these steps are as few
as possible. Signing and uploading to dist.a.o and nuget can be one of them.

If there are no objections I would freeze the codebase in 72h from now by
creating a release branch from whatever commit develop points to on
2018-06-17 at 21:30 CEST (19:30 UTC). I would then like to proceed with the
release and I hope that more people will join in and test the binaries
while we prepare the release. Thinking about what Gary did lately with
log4j auditing, it may be a good idea to start one or more github projects
that implement sample usecases for log4net. Everyone could then use those
projects to do a thorough testing of a release.
--
Dominik Psenner