Creating this many appenders is troublesome also for any operating system
because the number of open (file) handles is limited. A little bit old anf
thus possibly outdated but still provides insights into windows specific
details and highlights some corner stones for orientation:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/markrussinovich/2009/09/29/pushing-the-limits-of-windows-handles/
--
Dominik Psenner