This new RC has the latest fixes that we've done(LOG4CXX-512,490,398).

I'm not sure exactly why the autotools are there now; something about doing
the maven release triggers them.  I don't think they get generated until
after the website gets uploaded, which I couldn't do before.  They /should/
be there in general, as that's the normal way to configure the
project(unless you are checking out the source code directly).

-Robert Middleton