Since there's no central repository of C++ libraries (or C, or several
other languages for that matter; Rust providing one is a nice change
of pace), it'll be fairly difficult to get real usage stats about what
minimum compiler versions and such are still in use out there. Now I
know it's not the "oldest" thing out there, but I typically defer to
whatever is in Debian Stable (and maybe even RHEL sometimes, but
they're super ancient) for an idea of what's a safe baseline. In this
case, I see https://packages.debian.org/buster/liblog4cxx10v5 which is
using a fairly old libstdc++6 (>= 5.2) whereas Buster seems to package
a much more recent version (8.x).

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>