In the long run you don’t want to be regenerating your signing key for every
release. The point is that you would upload the key to a central keystore and
other people would sign it there. At ApacheCon we would have a key signing
“party” where we recorded each others keys and then would take our list and
update the central keystore. When people verify the key they can look at the
keystore and see that it is signed by a number of people, who then have their
keys by a number of people and so on so you are building a web of trust.
Sooner or later there will be someone in that web that you personally know and
trust.

Ralph