AFAIC, the latest release-2.x build on GitHub Actions
<https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/actions/runs/267532184> looks
good to me. There are still certain tests that are failing on Windows and
OSX. The OSX ones are pretty much random; sometimes they do succeed,
sometimes they do fail. Regarding Windows-specific ones, they also look
superficial to me; a couple of "... because it is being used by another
process" hiccups and some other stuff. Yesterday evening, I introduced
log4j2.junit.fileCleanerSleepPeriodMillis
property to take effect in AbstractFileCleaner and updated Windows build on
GitHub Actions configuration accordingly. Extending the sleep period
of AbstractFileCleaner
for Windows builds helped to mitigate certain test failures, I think. Today
I plan to spend some time fixing ReconfigurationDeadlockTest failures.

In conclusion, the current state of release-2.x branch looks good to me for
a release -- at least, it is not worse than the one in the previous 2.x
release. Please let me know if I am missing something.