Hello Joseph,

You need to have both JDK 8 and 11 installed and configured in your
toolchains.xml file. For reference, you can check how we do it in GitHub
Actions workflow: maven.yml
<https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/master/.github/workflows/maven.yml>
and maven-toolchains.xml
<https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/master/.github/workflows/maven-toolchains.xml>.
Once this is done, *./mvnw package -DskipTests* should succeed. Let us know
if you encounter any further troubles.

Kind regards.