I don’t understand. His async configuration for Log4j 2 isn’t async. I didn’t
see him set the system property. The log4j2 config file says

<!-- No need to set system property "log4j2.contextSelector" to any value
        when using <asyncLogger> or <asyncRoot>. -->
But he didn’t configure an AsyncLogger or AsyncRoot and there is no Async
Appender configured.

Ralph