I have done something really nasty in the release-2.x branch to fix
benchmarks.jar generated by log4j-perf. Since a picture is worth a thousand
words, I am sharing two:

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]
(In case images get truncated, see commit 4049240c.)

In a nutshell, Log4j2Plugins.dat of the shaded benchmarks.jar doesn't
contain log4j-layout-template-json plugins due to overrides taking place
during shading. This problem rendered the JsonTemplateLayout benchmarks
broken after JTLs migration to plugins. Using a 3rd party Maven plugin
circumventing a Log4j bug in the Log4j project itself felt pretty
unpleasant to me. Is there any other way I could have solved this?