Volkan,

While ASF rules say a -1 vote is not a veto for all practical purposes the
release manager is going to consider it a blocker.

A release that removes JNDI will prevent people from inadvertently using the
JNDI Lookup, JMS, or JndiContextSelector
without understanding the security risk using them. Message Lookups are a
different problem. We are not disabling JNDI
so people can re-enable message lookups. That would be crazy. We are disabling
JNDI because, despite all the fixes we
have made, I still don’t trust it.

We have all agreed Message Lookups need to be killed in master. If we are all
in agreement to kill them now in 2.x I’m
fine with that but the two are separate issues.

If you are OK with the release than your vote should be anything but -1. If you
really feel it needs a -1 then we need to see
if we are all ok completely removing the option to re-enable message lookups. I
would completely understand if that is what
you want and I would support that so please don’t feel pressured to give in.

Ralph