JNDI was only part of the issue but we did indeed seek to sanitize JNDI as much
as we could in 2.15.0. However, we felt it best to disable it by default in
2.16.0 so
that it would be more difficult to accidentally use. We will continue to look
to improve
that sanitization logic so that users who do use JNDI can do it as safely as
possible or,
if users request it, we may seek to add similar functionality using alternate
APIs.

I hope that answers your question.

Ralph