Hi there,

I saw the release announcement for 2.12.2 on this dev list (in the archive). It contains the following download link:

https://logging.apache.org/log4j/log4j-2.12.2/download.html

What is confusing is, that this URL redirects to

https://logging.apache.org/log4j/log4j-2.12.1/download.html

(2.12.1 instead of 2.12.2 in the URL) but that page then contains the text and links for 2.12.2. Users might get confused, whether that's right, which is a bit problematic in the context of a security release.

Furthermore lower down on that page, there is still the table of download links for version 2.12.1, before the next heading "Previous Releases" comes under which there is 2.3.

Probably someone forgot to delete the 2.12.1 table?

On the download page https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/download.html for the curent version 2.16.0, under "Previous Releases" still only 2.12.1 is mentioned, not 2.12.2 and the page refers to the archive under https://archive.apache.org/dist/logging/log4j/ to download previous versions. But in the archive 2.12.2 is not yet present.

I know that the last days were hard and very busy, but it might still help to do a little cleanup.

Znanks a lot and best regards,

Rainer