Hi,

In one of our applications we're hitting the following issue in the
latest log4j2 versions. We specify a config file, and it's found and
loaded from the class loader by log4j2. Unfortunately, it seems like
there was a breaking change some time ago. It can no longer handle
white spaces in the URI path. I've tracked it down to this line that
throws:
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/commit/82dd809b94142078ee2ed1396a6054821120b41a#diff-ab4255c11b7414e8167314c787cb3ac7925e30bf212d5c1dd8bf06c93f9717aeR379

url.toURI()

Assuming the url that is auto resolved from resource is like so (note
the space in path - in real world it actually fails from C:\Program
FIles\...):
"jar:file:/C:/test/client test/.jar!/startup-log4j2.xml"

The exception is:
java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in opaque part at index 24: ...

I think what happened before is the code ended up in
return new ConfigurationSource(urlConnection.getInputStream(), url,
urlConnection.getLastModified());
And configuration file was loaded no problem from the resource jar?

Should I open bug report?

Thank you