One person's EOL is another person's open source business model !   (RHEL
subscriptions are not cheap!)

Anyway, quick FYI - I noticed Atlassian has rev'd log4j-1.2.17 fifteen
times !   Might be some good patches in there.  They do publish the
"sources.jar":

https://packages.atlassian.com/3rdparty/log4j/log4j/1.2.17-atlassian-15/

yours,

Julius