Good job Robert. It frustrates me that the (essential) importance of
logging is not emphasised sufficiently in introductory software
engineering. This is a help towards getting the message out.

My suggestion would be to mention runtime configuration of filtering and
enabling of loggers earlier in the explanation. This is the essential
element that distinguishes a logging framework from printf etc.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>