I do not speak English, so please excuse the machine translation.

Hello.
Thank you for your quick reply.

> There should be a branch containing the work in progress of the next
> generation rolling file appender.
> I named it something like RFA-NG if my memory does not fail on me.
> You could base your work on that or proceed otherwise.

The path to proceed with implementation based on RFA-NG is the path to address
all the bugs, right? That is too much of a hurdle.
I considered not touching the existing bug and addressing only LOG4NET-27, but
the following comment on 2017/03/09 09:27 made me feel that path is also
dangerous.

> https://log4net-user.logging.apache.narkive.com/tnI5OT7f/rolling-file-operation-failing-with-source-does-not-exist
> Please note that Stefan Bodewig and I agree that the existing
> RollingFileAppender implementation is broken in too many ways to fix it.
> Patching it further could finally break the few things it does well and
> therefore we avoid to patch it any further.

Currently, it is hard to choose between the two, so we will give it more
consideration.
BTW, I couldn't find RFA-NG (feature/RollingFileAppender-NG) on Git
(https://github.com/apache/logging-log4net/branches).

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LOG4NET/issues/LOG4NET-367?filter=allopenissues
> Dominik Psenner added a comment - 19/May/17 19:56
> I just pushed the latest patch from
> https://bitbucket.org/NachbarsLumpi/log4net-patches/src/tip/RFA-NG to a new
> feature branch on the git repository named feature/RollingFileAppender-NG.
> However, this still needs a lot of work to be done and helping hands are
> welcome!

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we would appreciate it if you could provide us
with the URL.

Thank you for reading.

夏月 梨幸(Natsuki Rikou)

I am mostly no longer involved in software development, busy otherwise. It is
great to see you are interested and willing to invest your valuable time.

There should be a branch containing the work in progress of the next generation
rolling file appender. I named it something like RFA-NG if my memory does not
fail on me. You could base your work on that or proceed otherwise.

Warm regards
Dominik
--
Sent from my phone. Typos are a kind gift to anyone who happens to find them.