On Mon, Oct 2, 2023, at 02:55, Robert Middleton wrote:
> Some(most?) of the settings should be saved:
> https://github.com/apache/logging-chainsaw/blob/5ccb3c8e55dffd4361c549c3bcdac3f3675f79e5/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/chainsaw/prefs/SettingsManager.java#L191
>
> The stuff that is commented out should just be the old saving code that
> used XStream to save the data out.

You made it using this commit (thank you, its easy to track):
https://github.com/apache/logging-chainsaw/commit/75bedf98665188eef4d13e4bfbb4b0dae456f65e

One question: why did we remove Xstream? it seem there was an update late 2022
to address some security.
Should we just re-enable it or was there other reasons too?