Log4j Audit has multiple components:

* Audit API for extending log4j-api with some additional audit logging APIs
* Tool for managing your audit event schemata and such (the web app thing)
* Tool for generating structured log classes from the event schemata

Thus, in typical use, you can (and should) specify what version of log4j-core
you’re using for your application. As for maintenance, the web UI could use an
overhaul (though it would likely involve a rewrite into something more popular
like React), but the overall library is fairly compact. I do have an
outstanding Jira issue for Log4j to work on a more fluent API for structured
logging, and that sort of feature can be informed or inspired by log4j-audit.

As for the log4j-server question, I’d expect that if we adopt Flume into the
PMC, then Flume would supersede the server examples since we’d have something
far more mature and production-ready for such a use case.