> it [doesn't] fully documents what was in prior releases

Why is this a problem? We document newly added features with "starting from
version X, Log4j ships Y...". Doesn't this address your concern?

Many projects follow this convention, even Java itself:
https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/index.html I think we can perfectly
make it work for us too.

Plus, we provide no public links to previous releases. That is, we provide
no links nowhere to `logging.apache.org/log4j/log4j-2.19.0`, hence, it is
practically hidden. As a matter of fact the following command returns empty
on `asf-site` branch of `logging-log4j-site` repository:

    find . -type f -not -path "*/.git/*" -and -not -path "*/log4j-2.19.0/*"
| grep log4j-2.19.0

This proves we don't link `log4j-2.19.0` anywhere. (Please correct me if I
am wrong.)