Hi Gary,

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 at 18:45, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe if want to only use the latest driver for main, we should rename the
> module and classes and drop the "4". That or go with what I initially
> suggested.

Your initial proposal of having a separate `log4j-mongodb4` and
`log4j-mongodb5` modules might actually be easier to understand for
users.

We can however reduce maintenance work by setting `log4j-mongodb4` as
dependency for `log4j-mongodb5`, bumping the dependency on MongoDB
Java Driver in that artifact only and have a single class that reuses
the `log4j-mongodb4` artifact.

@Plugin("MongoDb5")
public final class MongoDb5Provider {

    private MongoDb5Provider() {}

    @PluginFactory
    public static MongoDb4Provider.Builder<?> newBuilder() {
        return new MongoDb4Provider.Builder<>();
    }
}

WDYT?

Piotr