I'm a bit confused about the DocsEnum.read() in the flex API.   I have three
questions:

1)      DocsEnum.read() currently delegates to nextDoc() in the base class and
there is a note that subclasses may do this more efficiently.  Is there
currently a more efficient implementation in a subclass?  I didn't see one in
MultiDocsEnum or MappingMultiDocsEnum, but perhaps I'm not understanding the
code.

2)      DocsEnum.read reads 64 docs/freqs at a time as set up in
initBulkResult().  Would it make sense to have this configurable as an argument
somewhere?   I'm looking at very large indexes where a common term might occur
in 100,000 or more docs.
3)      At the very top of the JavaDoc there is a warning "you must first call
nextDoc"   It seems that this applies to calling DocsEnum.docID() or
DocsEnum.freq() but not to DocsEnum.read().  Is that correct?

Tom Burton-West