From: J. Delgado <joaquin.delg...@gmail.com>
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Mon, 10 May, 2010 16:47:50
Subject: Re: Adding another dimension to Lucene searches

Hierachical documents is a key concept towads a unified
structured+unstructured search. It should allow us to fully implement
things such as XQuery + Full-Text
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-full-text/)

Additionally it solves a century old problem: how to deal with
section/sub-sections in very large documents. Long time ago I was
indexing text books (in PDF) and had to break down the book into pages
and store the main doc id in a field as pointer to maintain the
relation.

Mark, way to go!

-- Joaquin