ah yes, that would work... still not great for integrating with solr
and keeping the versions in sync though.  As a one-off just for me,
that works fine, but I wonder more about getting snapshot builds as
part of the hudson build scripts.

perhaps 3.x, 4.x would be a good time to change some file names so
they play nicer with maven (and does not really impact how things are
currently done)

ryan